28 Dec, 2016
Place & Date of Birth: Phuket, July 28, 1943.
Marital Status: Married with one son and one daughter.
– Bachelor of Economics, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok
– Master of Public Administration, University of Southern California, USA.
– Honorary Doctorate Degree on Hotel and Tourism Management, Prince of Songkhla University, Thailand
– Honorary Doctorate Degree on Tourism, Rajamangala University of Technology Phra Nakhon, Thailand
– Certificate, Training the Trainer, American Hotel & Motel Association
– Certificate, American Democracy, USC, USA.
– Managing Director, Pearl Group of Companies (Tourism Related Businesses, Mining, Rubber, Real Estate, Automobile and Trading)
– Chairman, Thai Village Phuket Co., Ltd
– Chairman, Executive Sub- committee, Phuket Air Catering, Co., Ltd
– Deputy Chairman, Senate Standing Committee on Tourism & Sports
– Extraordinary Standing Committee on the Senate Affairs
– Extraordinary Standing Committee on Economic Crisis Correction
– Advisor, Standing Committee on Tourism, House of Representatives
– Council Member, Prince of Songkhla University
– Senior President, Tourism Council of Thailand
– Advisor, Thai Federation of Provincial Tourist Associations
– Advisor, Phuket Hotels Association
– Board Member, Tourism Authority of Thailand
– Board Member, Thai Airways International
– President, Tourism Council of Thailand
– President, Thai Federation of Provincial Tourist Associations
– Member, National Tourism Committee
– Member, The Joint Public and Private Sector Consultative Committee
– Director, Board of Trade of Thailand
– Council Member, Taksin University
– Advisory Board Member, Sasin Graduate Institute of Business Administration of Chulalongkorn University.
– Honorary Consul for Sweden in Phuket
– Founding President, Phuket Tourist Association
– President, Thai Hotels Association
Awards & Decorations:
– Outstanding Achievement Award for Thailand Tourism Development, Office of the Prime Minister.
– Outstanding Alumni Award, Economics Association, Chulalongkorn University
– Outstanding Alumni Award, Commerce and Accountancy Association, Chulalongkorn University
– Knight Grand Cordon (Special Class) of the Most Noble Order of the Crown of Thailand
– Knight Grand Cross (First Class) of the Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant
– Commander (Third Class) of the Most Admirable Order of the Direkgunabhorn
– Knight, First Class, of the Royal Order of the Polar Star of Sweden
– Developed Service Standard Manual for Thai Hotels
– Known for putting Phuket on the world map
– Set up Thai Federation of Provincial Tourist Associations to promote establishment of Tourist Associations in each province around Thailand
Source: Wichit Na-Ranong