About Travel Impact Newswire
Travel Impact Newswire was founded in August 1998 by Imtiaz Muqbil, Executive Editor, to fit a wide-open market niche between the fluffy travelogues of the consumer media and the specialised industry coverage of trade publications.
Covering the Asia-Pacific travel industry since 1981, Muqbil saw a clear need for travel industry executives to be given strategically-important information, especially for future planning, product development and market analysis. While mainstream consumer and trade media report the spot news, Newswire takes a much more analytical, long-term perspective that focuses on both what-next as well as what-if.
Travel Impact Newswire is circulated by email to a subscription base of 20,000+ travel & tourism professionals, broken down as follows:
- 50% in Asia-Pacific, especially India and the ASEAN countries
- 20% in Middle East
- 20% in Europe
- 10% in Africa and America
Most readers are decision-makers or influential players in the travel industry. They include hundreds of outbound travel agents in Europe, North America, the Middle East, India, China and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations member countries (Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Viet Nam and Burma).
Always conscious of this high-level readership, Muqbil strives to inject a higher level of intellectual value into the coverage of Asia-Pacific travel & tourism. As such, Travel Impact Newswire:
- Is designed to be ‘keepable’ and forwardable: Many readers put Newswire into their email folder and use it as a starting point for research, strategic thinking and ideas. Depending on the subject covered, readers forward Newswire to colleagues and associates.
- Is independent: Being unattached to any multinational publishing house or business organisation gives Newswire the luxury of reporting impartially on global industry developments.
- Covers a broad range of issues: Anything that makes an impact on travel & tourism are covered, such as marketing, human resources, technology, industry trends, aero-political, financial, environmental issues, even social issues like child prostitution and racial profiling.
- Is environmentally friendly: There is no paper usage. Readers print out what they feel to be of relevance to them.
Frequency and Format
Weekly, but more often when important issues arise
Pure-text format of the email dispatches makes it easy to:
- Read – Everything is right on the screen. No more clicking around required.
- Retain – Useful information can be slotted straight into individual inboxes
- Refer – Easy to forward and/or cut and paste into reports and presentations
How can advertising in Travel Impact Newswire meet your marketing objectives?
Travel industry portals and websites are increasingly becoming the best way of telling the world about quality products and services. Travel Impact Newswire is a highly cost-effective way of attracting readers to those websites and portals. Its frequency and reach are ideal for increasing and maintaining both brand awareness and brand recognition as well as for short-term tactical promotions.
No more than two advertisers are accepted per dispatch, thus reducing clutter and ensuring visibility.
Advertisers run a short, simple, powerful and focused message designed to grab readers’ attention.
Advertorial messages are prominently placed on top of all dispatches and can be changed from one insertion to the next, allowing more flexibility in the marketing message.