1 Dec, 2016
Date and Place of Birth: Sukabumi West Java, Indonesia, 4 April 1936.
Marital status: Married with one daughter and two sons
From 1941 to 1950, attended Dutch Secondary, Chinese/Japanese School, Dutch/Indonesian Elementary in Indonesia. Thereafter went to the United States and did high school in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, graduating in 1952. That was followed by a B.A. Economics, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts 1956 and an M.B.A. from Harvard University Cambridge, Massachusetts 1959
– Pacific Leisure Group of Companies, offices in 24 countries throughout Asia-Pacific – Gulf – USA Executive Chairman / Founder – 1970 – present. Operational HQ located in Bangkok since 1994.
– Pacific Communications Limited, Hong Kong, Deputy Chairman & Managing Director 1967-70
– Pacific Contract Limited, Hong Kong, Managing Director – Singapore / Hong Kong 64-67
– Asia Magazines Limited, Hong Kong, Regional Manager-North America, New York 61-64
– Columbia Pictures Television, New York, Vice President & General Manager-Asia, Tokyo / New York 1959-61
– Parker Pen Company, Janesville, Wisconsin, Assistant Export Traffic Manager 1956-57
First Chairman – Pacific Asia Travel Association – PATA HRD Council
Honorary Chairman – Asia/Pacific VUSAMART
Hon. Permanent Director – Pacific Asia Travel Association-PATA
Life member – Pacific Asia Travel Association – PATA
President – Pacific Asia Travel Association-PATA (first to serve two consecutive terms) – Faculty – University of Hawaii T.I.M. School-EDIT program
World President Emeritus – International Congress & Convention Association – ICCA
Chairman & Faculty – ICCA/PATA Conference Management Program – CMP
First Chairman – Joint Industry Council of Congress Associations – JICCA
Vice President – East Asia Travel Association-EATA
World President – International Congress & Convention Association – ICCA (two consecutive terms)
Friend of Thailand – P.M.’s Tourism Award
Gold Medal Recipient – Austria National Tourism Ministry
Although he was located in Hong Kong for many years, Alwin Zecha has contributed enormously to the ASEAN travel & tourism industry through his close involvement with PATA, and helping to bring numerous PATA events such as the PATA Travel Mart and Annual Conference to Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines and Thailand. He also played a major role in the decision to relocate the PATA HQ from San Francisco to Bangkok in 1998.