30 Nov, 2016
Date of Birth: 24 July 1939
Marital Status: Married
– Bangkok Christian College
– Chulalongkorn University, B.A. in Political Science (majoring in International Relations)
– Training in Tourism Management at the School of Tourism Industry Management, University of Hawaii, USA
– Training in Tourist Business Operations at the Pacific Asia Travel Association, San Francisco, California, USA
– National Defense College, Joint Public-Private Sector Program, Class 3
Started working at TAT on September 24, 1962.
1964-1966: Chief of Information Section and Acting Assistant Chief of Publicity and Promotion Division
1966: Chief of Exhibition Section
1967: Manager of Bang Saen Hotel
1967-1970: Chief of Publicity and Promotion Division
1970-1974: Chief of TOT New York Office
1974-1976: Chief of Foreign Affairs Division
1976-1980: Assistant Director of Planning and Technical Department
1980-1993: Deputy Governor for Planning and Development
1993-1994: Deputy Governor for Marketing
June 14 – July 4, 1994: Acting Governor, TAT
July 5, 1994: 5 July 1994 – 30 September 1999
After retirement, he was appointed Dean, College of Tourism and Hospitality, Rangsit University
The highlight of his career was 13 years as TAT Deputy Governor for Planning and Development which made him one of the foremost proponents of well-managed destination and product development policies. He argued vigorously for the Thai tourism industry to maintain a sound balance between marketing and management as a means of ensuring sustainability.
Source: Tourism Authority of Thailand, Travel Impact Newswire archives.