29 Nov, 2016
Date and Place of Birth: April 2nd, 1932, Lumajang, East Java
1953 – 1958 BA – English Literature, Gajah Mada University, Jogjakarta Indonesia
1959 – 1961 MAT – Linguistics, Indiana University, Bloomington, USA
Speaks fluent Dutch, English and French, and passive German, Japanese.
1962 Dept. of Education and Culture as Head of Foreign Relations Sub Directorate.
1963 Public Relations Officer, Academy of Foreign Languages, Dept. of Education and Culture.
1964 Information Officer, Indonesia Pavilion New York World’s Fair, Feb – Oct 1964.
1964 Returned home from US, joined Dept. of Land Transportation, Post & Telecommunications as Tourism Chief Officer of overseas promotion.
1964 – 1967 Head Foreign Relations Bureau, National Tourism Institute.
1969 Training at East West Center University, Honolulu, Hawaii in Tourism Information and Guides Services.
1970 – 1971 Deputy Protocol and Supervisor of Information Officers at OSAKA EXPO ’70 Osaka, Japan.
1971 – 1973 Executive Secretary, ASEAN Tours and Travel Assoc.
1973 – 1976 Head of Sub-Directorate Accommodation and Related Services, Dept. of Communication, Directorate General of Tourism.
1976 – 1978 Head of Sub-Directorate Overseas Tourism Promotion, Dept. of Communication, Directorate General of Tourism.
1977 – 1986 Executive Secretary, PATA Indonesia Chapter.
1978 – 1980 Executive Secretary, Indonesia Convention Board.
1978 – 1988 Director Marketing, Directorate General of Tourism, Dept. of Tourism, Post & Telecommunications
1980 Management for Senior Officials at Inter-Department Senior Management School.
1981 – 1983 Member of PATA Board of Directors
1983 Second Vice Chairman PATA Indonesia Chapter.
1988 – 1991 Director Accommodation and Tourism Supporting Facilities.
Coordinated and led tourism sales missions to Indonesia’s main markets like ASEAN countries (Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand), Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, Lausanne (Swiss), Netherlands, Frankfurt (Germany), Los Angeles and San Francisco, USA. Coordinated participation of Government and private sector at Travel Marts and Tourism Forums like PATA Travel Marts in Seoul, (Korea), Los Angeles, USA, Bangkok (Thailand) and Frankfurt, (Germany), and ASEAN Tourism Forum.
Also served as:
• Counterpart to UNDP Travel Expert to Indonesia
• Counterpart to UNDP Hotel Expert
• Counterpart to Marketing Experts of both UNDP and WTO
• Counterpart to PATA Task Forces in Tourism Programs
• National Committee for Small Industry/Handicraft
• National Committee for Evaluation of Cultural Shows and Entertainment
• National Committee for Hotel Classification
• Other Tourism related National Committee.
Other specific appointments:
• Member – National Committee for evaluating Cultural Shows and Entertainment
• Member – National Committee for Small Industry/Handicraft Development
• Member – National Committee for Hotel Classification
1. From National Committee Expo’70 1970 in Osaka, Japan, (World Forum)
2. PATA for successful organization of PATA Conference and Workshop 1974 in Indonesia.
3. Ministry of Research and Technology for participation and organization of Indonesian Pavilion in Tsukuba Expo 1985
4. “SATYA Lencana Karya Satya“ from the President of Indonesia, July 17, 1990
5. Adi Karya Pariwisata 1974 from the Minister of Tourism, Post and Telecommunication
After retirement from Government service in 1991, appointed consultant in the field of marketing and related services for the Bali Tourism Development Corporation (BTDC), which was set up to manage the development of the first Nusa Dua Tourism Resort in Bali. Served in this role up to 1998, enabling the emergence of Nusa Dua Resort as a popular destination for visitors from Europe, America, the Asia Pacific, and South East Asia. It also played host to world-class MICE events, including tourism conventions and marts of ASEAN, PATA and the UNWTO.
Source: Dra Cri Muthi Adi.