18 Sep, 2015
New York, NY (PRWEB) September 17, 2015 — On Friday, September 25, 2015, as leaders from around the world, including Pope Francis, are at the United Nations for the General Assembly and Post 2015 Sustainable Development Summit, people across the globe will unite in celebration of the 4th annual World Dream Day.
World Dream Day is the first participatory holiday in history with the mission of empowering people to proactively transform the world through activating their ideas, goals and dreams. http://www.dayforfreamers.com.
Launched in 2012 and currently celebrated in more than 50 locations globally – the mission of World Dream Day is to close the gap between achievement and aspiration while helping individuals, organizations and communities galvanize as a worldwide force for global good. #DreamPower is the global activation theme for 2015.
This year marks a turning point for World Dream Day, as it presents a platform for participants to declare their own aspirations in tandem with the United Nation’s 17 sustainable development goals and its proposed adoption by the world’s leaders.
“Today, so many people have a hard time believing in their power, their ability to create change,” states Ozioma Egwuonwu, Global Change Pioneer and founder of World Dream Day. “This year for World Dream Day, we want to remind people that the power to transform the world is in each and every one of our hands – all we need to do is take action.”
In addition to planned celebrations (via live events and social media) occurring in several locations around the world, the occasion will include the following experiences:
- Dissemination of guides + online toolkits to help people activate goals and dreams.
- Flash-mob meditations and “Dream Chains” in public spaces, in public spaces such as New York City’s Washington Square Park.
- Social media activations using #WorldDreamDay that empower people to declare their dreams, share social good and counter hopelessness with positive images of hope.
- “Dreaming The Higher Dream,” a global evocatory address delivered by renowned author, scholar and co-founder of the “human potential movement,” Jean Houston.
- A downloadable “dream” lesson for teachers to integrate into their curriculum
- The launch of online, three-hour virtual “dreamer boot camps,” established to guide participants in activating their ideas, goals and dreams.
Says Egwuonwu, “We want to inspire and engage a diverse audience in an effort to stimulate global discussion, ideation and ultimately action toward elevating lives, businesses, and communities around the world.”
The overarching goal of World Dream Day is simple, yet powerful: To create a more innovative and collaborative world. For information on World Dream Day…
About World Dream Day
World Dream Day was founded by Ozioma Egwuonwu of BurnBright International, a transformational strategist and social entrepreneur who teaches a Master’s level course on developing and implementing ideas at Columbia University.